TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
1. WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using Our Website mentornect.co.uk (Our site) and the provisions of the mentoring program/services.
2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US?
MentorNect is a site operated by MentorNect (hereinafter collectively referred to as “We”, “Our and “Us”).
To contact us, please email email@example.com or fill out the contact form at www.mentornect.co.uk/contact-us.
3. WHO DO THESE TERMS APPLY TO?
These Terms and Conditions apply to:
- Visitors. These are ordinary non-registered users of the Website.
- Mentors. These are users that have signed up to MentorNect in order to provide a charitable service. Before becoming a Mentor you will be assessed alongside our criteria to test for eligibility.
- Mentees. These are users that satisfy Our criteria to become a beneficiary. Once We are satisfied you will be able to register to Our site to receive mentoring services.
- Staff and Representatives. These are people contracted by Us to assist in fulfilling our purposes.
4. BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use Our site.
We recommend that Mentors and Mentees print a copy of these terms for future reference.
5. THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Safeguarding Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of Our site. When using Our site, you must also comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Where you are a Mentor or Mentee, the applicable Code of Conduct.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on Website activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above Websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. MentorNect cookies are not accessible to third parties and we will not disclose the information contained within them.
7. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use Our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. If you are a registered MentorNect Mentor or Mentee We will notify you by email when We make changes to these terms.
8. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change Our site from time to time to reflect changes to Our services, Our users’ needs and Our charities priorities or due to changes in legislation and in line with new guidance from the Charity Commission.
9. OUR SITE AND CHARITABLE SERVICES ARE ONLY FOR USERS IN THE UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through Our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
10. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures for Mentors and Mentees, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation (if applicable) to content posted on Our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
12. FEES AND PAYMENTS
- MentorNect does not charge Mentees for any core mentoring sessions provided. The core mentoring sessions are defined as the initial 6 week programme offered to beneficiaries.
- We do not accept any type of payments from Mentees or Mentors with regards to the core sessions.
- Mentors are not allowed on any grounds to accept any type of payment or monies from Mentees with regards to the provision of mentoring sessions.
- If upon conclusion of your initial core mentoring sessions you wish to sign up to the wholly optional MentorNect + programme, a one-time fee shall be payable to MentorNect for the value of £35.00 (thirty-five pounds sterling). This sum will be used to fund the charities purposes in achieving its objective. This payment and the provision of MentorNect+ shall be subject to these terms in addition to our Privacy and Safeguarding policies.
- For more information on MentorNect + please visit www.mentornect.co.uk/mentornect/
- You will not take any actions which may undermine the review system used to solicit feedback and comments from Website users, including, without limitation, leaving negative comments if a Mentor fails to perform some action that is outside the scope of the Mentoring services, or for another untruthful or malicious reason.
- If you decide to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the site or services, you may do so by emailing Us at email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that if you submit any feedback to us, you hereby grant to Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the feedback for any purpose.
- After each session the Mentee and Mentor must ensure that Evaluation Session forms are completed. The feedback provides Us with an opportunity to review your experience during the session(s). Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your comments and such comments will be made available to your Mentee/Mentor. Feedback will be kept confidential and will be used to evaluate the general services provided to you by Us. In cases of testimonials We will seek your express permission for publication before making such statements public.
- If We become aware that poor feedback has been given on a mentoring session which does not reflect Our values or purpose We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve this for the benefit of Mentees as soon as possible.
14. UNACCEPTABLE USE OF OUR SITE
Whether you are a Mentor, Mentee or visitor to Our site, you must not:
- use the Our site in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use the Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- use the Website for any purposes related to marketing without Our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Website, MentorNect’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of MentorNect’s providers;
- Use the Website, services or content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms & Conditions;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
MentorNect will have the right to investigate and take such action as it deems necessary in light of any violations of the above. MentorNect may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms & Conditions and will deny access to the Website for such users.
15. RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
When you upload or post content to Our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the Website and across different media including to promote the site or the service.
- All content will be subject to the review and authorisation of MentorNect before publication. Any content deemed inappropriate for publication will not be used in promotional material.
16. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We will do our utmost to ensure that Our Website is free from malicious programmes and virus but do not guarantee that Our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access Our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
17. WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTE?
18. WHETHER YOU ARE A MENTOR OR A MENTEE USER
- We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to you where it would be unlawful or unequitable to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our trustees, representatives, or Mentors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In order to become a part of MentorNect as either a Mentor or Mentee, both parties must complete either the Mentee or Mentor Application Form provided respectively. The application must be filled out honestly. Any dishonest application will be rejected. Should it come to light that your application was dishonest after your registration your use of this service as either a Mentor or Mentee will be suspended without notification.
- To register an account you must:
- be at least 18 years old;
- have legal capacity to understand and accept these Terms & Conditions;
- provide certain personal information, including your full name, current profession, and a valid email address; and
- Have an easy to read summary of your qualifications and certifications.
- If you are interested in joining MentorNect as Mentor or Mentee you can contact Us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, via the “Join Us” page on Our Website or through Our social networking sites. When you register using social networking sites We may obtain personal information from your social networking site account.
- We maintain the right to reject or ban any application at Our honest discretion.
19. IF YOU ARE A MENTOR:
- When you register with MentorNect, you: (i) agree to provide MentorNect with accurate and complete information; (ii) agree to promptly inform us of any new information and/or update that may affect the operation of your account; and (iii) authorise MentorNect, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries We consider necessary or appropriate to verify the information you provide to us.
- You will not use false identities or impersonate any other person.
- If you register to serve as a Mentor, you represent and warrant to MentorNect that you (i) have requisite knowledge in the categories and industries you select to provide Mentoring services in such subjects to Mentees; (ii) your bio provided at the time of registration to use on the Website is correct and true and (iii) will not provide Mentoring services to persons under 18. You understand and agree that you will initiate and/or reach out to Mentees once all registration stages have been completed by Mentee and relevant information has been passed on to you. You have no obligation to provide any Mentoring services. If you choose not to provide Mentoring services, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Other than materials provided by us, you are solely responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Website and to provide mentoring services.
- You will not under any circumstances record or otherwise store any mentoring sessions.
- Each Mentor will be assigned a maximum of 3 Mentees per cohort and must be willing to dedicate 6 weeks to each Mentee providing a minimum of 4 sessions.
- We reserve absolute right to determine your suitability for a Mentorship role with MentorNect and will judge each candidate separately on the merits of their application.
- In conducting the Mentoring sessions, you will:
- abide with the provisions relating to Unacceptable Conduct as detailed below;
- attend the Mentoring sessions as and when agreed with the Mentee;
- provide the Mentee with at least 48 hours’ notice prior to a schedule Mentoring session if you will be unable to attend;
- provide the Mentoring sessions with all due care, skill and diligence and in accordance with the agreed framework; and
- act in a proper and professional manner.
20. QUALITY CONTROL OF A MENTORS MENTORING SESSIONS
- You will be expected to, upon reasonable request and notice, provide an overview of your Mentoring sessions to a trustee or representative of MentorNect in order to demonstrate how a session is structured in such a way to it is both educational and develops a Mentee’s skills.
- Mentee’s will be interviewed at regular intervals throughout their mentorship with MentorNect in order to ensure the beneficial nature and quality of the sessions.
21. IF YOU ARE A MENTEE:
- Upon application you may request areas that you wish a Mentor to focus and MentorNect will do its upmost to ensure this area is covered during your allotted sessions.
- You are solely responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Website and services.
- You will not record or otherwise store any Mentoring sessions that you receive especially without the permission of the Mentor.
- You are entitled to use Our services without abuse or without in any other way feeling threatened as per Our Safeguarding Policy.
- Each Mentee will be assigned a Mentor for a duration of 6 weeks for the programme and will have a minimum of 4 sessions.
- With regards to the provision of Mentoring sessions, you must:
- abide with the provisions relating to Unacceptable Conduct as detailed below;
- attend the Mentoring sessions as and when agreed with the Mentor’ and
- provide the Mentor with at least 48 hours’ notice prior to a schedule Mentoring sessions if you will be unable to attend.
22. UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT
You must not engage in the following unacceptable conduct when providing or attending mentor sessions:
- Failure to attend session without reasonable prior notice;
- Engage in conduct that risks the health and safety of the Mentor/Mentee;
- Assault, harass, bully or threaten the Mentor/ Mentee;
- Use abusive or offensive language;
- Attend a Mentor Session when intoxicated or impacted by drugs; or
- Otherwise in breach Our Safeguarding Policy.
- A Mentor or a Mentee may without cause, cancel any Mentoring sessions not yet undertaken.
- If a Mentor engages in any unacceptable conduct during a Mentoring session, the Mentee may terminate any future engagement with the Mentor.
- If a Mentee engages in any unacceptable conduct during a Mentoring sessions, the Mentor may terminate the engagement with the Mentee.
- We may terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time in respect of you, or disable (whether temporary or permanent) your use of the Website, with immediate effect and without notice to you should We determine in our reasonable opinion that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other terms or policies relating to you.
Should you have any questions or wish to report any violations of these Terms and Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org